Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Most Beautiful Poignant Wedding Ever!



Here we are in all our finery at my niece Lena's wedding in Charlottesville, Virginia.  The last picture above could represent the absence of the groom's family denied access to the USA because of their Libyan nationality.  Mom and Dad were skyped in at times during the ceremony. They saw the gorgeous bride and groom, dancing, friends, and more. A memorial table with a big bouquet of flowers stood off to the side to honor the memory of Ahmed's brother killed during the bombing of their house in Bengazi. We were moved to tears many times during this wedding.  There is nothing left to say.....

1 comment:

  1. A story that is beautiful and sad at the same time. I could not make it to my daughter’s 18th birthday party due to work. She was very sad about it. The owner of the Los Angeles event venues that my wife had booked for the party was my friend. He went over his way to make sure I could wish my daughter on Skype. I can only imagine how you guys felt.

    ReplyDelete