Sunday, June 27, 2021

OMG I BOUGHT A CAR


 Here I am behind the wheel of my new to me used  automatic Toyota Aygo 2014.

It came with only 24,000 kilometers. I am still getting used to driving it, but it is really easy to manoeuver. Thankfully, its small size makes parking a breeze.

I did not arrive in France intending to buy a car, but it makes sense financially. Authentic Garage  which sold me the car is even willing to let me keep it on their lot after I go home. Also, a very kind friend has offered me her barn out in the country.

It is wonderful to no longer worry about the scratchy rental car. Europcar refunded me the money I had paid for the rest of the summer. Apparently, the repair of the scratch which I paid out of my own pocket met their approval.

 I am still learning something new about the car every day. I caused quite a scene at the gas station  Saturday when I couldn't figure out how to open the gas tank. We pump our own gas here. Luckily, my friend accompanying me thought to pull out the manual and located the correct button.   The driver behind me also helped.  I must say whenever I encounter a problem here, and I have encountered many this summer,  a patient kindly person appears to give me a hand for which I am truly grateful.



2 comments: