Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Recent Activities

Since arriving in Monflanquin, I have hiked about 36 kilometers with a lovely group of people.  The entertaining conversations push me to go on.  At the end of the hike, we are greeted with coffee and cake made by one of the hikers.  By hiking, I get to see so much more of the surrounding area that I would never even know about. We pass sheep, goats, horses, fields of wheat and corn. Along the way, the wild flowers delight us. Surprises await.

Hiking in the French countryside
As Bill finally joins us, I prepare a crustless broccoli quiche. Bill is a vegetarian who adores cheese so this recipe works great. Somehow everything I prepare tastes better here.

Crustless broccoli quiche
A
View from my bedroom

Pictures from my walk around the village perimeter

The view does not get old

What? Quelle horreur!

Exercises posted at the lumber  store before you start your project.

 While Bill was here, I made at least 10 trips to hardware stores. Not my favorite activity, but on the positive side, my French hardware vocabulary has expanded. Also, I am amazingly comfortable going up to a sales person and asking for what we need in French. Why were so many trips to hardware stores necessary? Look forward to learning why in my next post.

1 comment: