Sunday, March 12, 2017

Rediscovered local French Restaurant

Last night we went out for dinner with some friends. They asked us to pick the restaurant. They always do because Bill finds interesting dining spots from his idyllic view in the drivers seat of a TriMet Bus. As he was driving the  number 35 on Macadam on Saturday, he spotted Cafe du Berry. Later, Bill texted me regarding my opinion of Cafe du Berry, 6439 SW Macadam Avenue in Portland, Oregon. (503)244-5551.  www.cafeduberrypdx.com  How could I have forgotten? I love that place! One of my friends even asked the owner to cater his wedding!

As the name suggests Cafe du Berry is a French restaurant unique in that it is owned by a Vietnamese family.
My salmon swimming in sorrel cream sauce was divine. They also do a fantastic brunch. French toast is the house specialty. Top it off with a Mimosa. Cheers! The picture below was taken somewhere else, but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment