Monday, February 24, 2020

A New Vocabulary Word

Bonjour!
Maggy and I are showing off my latest pre-trip acquisitions: new hiking shoes and gaiters.  Never knew the word gaiters  until my neighbor  Diana in Monflanquin  displayed these anti-mud  pants protectors. They come in different sizes and are held together with velcro and a strap to buckle underneath the hiking shoe.  Will let you know how well they work.  I participate in two hiking groups  around Monflanquin. The Tuesday coed Francophone group and the Friday ladies only, mostly English, which culminates in lovely cakes and catch ups. To their credit, the English women choose to speak French most of the time. I have met really interesting people through both hiking groups. Each hike varies in length and location. Usually 10 k is my limit, but I have been known to make exceptions.  It takes a lot of rough weather to cancel a hike.  Looking at Maggy's snow white dog legs and her penchant for puddles, what do you think about gaiters for dogs?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are very prepared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These look tres robust. What is the weather like this time of year in the village? I can't wait to hear all about this trip and am so happy to know you'll have some well deserved time off from teaching. Stay healthy and safe during the journey, mon amie! I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete