Thursday, June 13, 2024

Puppy Yoga in Paris

Puppy Yoga in Paris

So adorable

Playful Pups

Accidents will happen


While on the train from Lille to Paris, I was missing Maggy and decided to google Beagles in Paris. Not even sure what I was hoping to find, I found Puppy Yoga!  The site explained that participants would get 25 minutes of yoga and 35 minutes of puppy play time. The objective of both parts of the class is relaxation and de-stressing. It sounded wonderful to me especially since some of my knitting friends and I did goat yoga at a farm in Hillsboro, Oregon a couple of years ago. We still talk about it and look at the pictures of the pygmy goats climbing all over us as we try to do yoga poses. Not only did goats climb all over  us but so did kittens.  In Hillsboro, our entire hour included a visit from the goats, kittens, and any other farm animals who happened to be in the neighborhood. Needless to say, not much yoga got practiced, but boy did we have fun.

Paris Puppy Yoga felt completely different. First of all, the yoga class is taught in French which I found somewhat challenging due to unfamiliar French yoga terms. In fact, when the teacher asked us do poses with our eyes shut, I cheated so I could see what the heck she meant. At the end of the yoga class, the yoga assistants woke up the sleepy 2 month old  absolutely adorable Labrador puppies . Some puppies wanted to play with  toys, others wanted to lick and nibble our different body parts, some wanted to roughhouse with each other, some wanted to escape, and some just wanted to sleep.  The environment felt more controlled than goat yoga probably because of French cultural differences and the very young age of the pups. The other women in the class might be more accurately described as girls one third my age.  However, I felt proud of sitting cross legged on the floor and able to do the movements. Thank you, yes2next you tube stretching exercises.  The yoga instructor told me all the puppies are already claimed for adoption. Oh, well, a puppy in my carry on might have shocked U.S. customs not to mention Maggy who is the reigning queen of our home. They were pretty cute though........





 

1 comment: