Monday, June 12, 2017

Good-bye to the Dutch Store

Where will we get our salty black licorice? What about the scrumptious cucumber Danish cheese sandwiches with a cup of Pickwick tea and a cookie? But most of all,  the Dutch Store just a short distance from home made it to my list of happy places. It felt like an escape to Europe. Lea and Hans are so  warm, sweet and kind. I will miss seeing them. This unique shop represented home to members of the Portland area Dutch Community.
Every Thursday a Dutch Conversation Group met there. Daniel and I just happened to be in the store at that time. I was immediately welcomed to the group in Dutch. Can't even fake a response. The group will continue elsewhere.
My best wishes to Lea , Hans, and their lovely family. Any suggestions for a new happy place?

No comments:

Post a Comment