Monday, June 19, 2017

Au Revoir New York, Bonjour Paris

My pre-departure pumpernickel bagel, lox, and cream cheese at Daily Press. Love the cold brew here too. All in all, it has been a fun stay in the Big Apple. Great to see the East Coast family and friends.
I am so impressed by Michael's ability to handle the crazy of New York City.  I am not very impressed by mine. There has been an incident  at almost one or the other coffee shop almost every day this week.
I just watched Michael get cursed out by a disgruntled customer. Well, he wasn't really a customer, which was the problem. Tears welled up in my eyes, and a kind young man tried to comfort me by telling me Michael  handled it. Yes, he did.  Maybe I am just getting too old to put up with this. Maybe, I need to spend more time in museums and at the theater while in the city. Art and culture heal.  I am definitely ready to move on to France. But New York is my birthplace, and the home of my children. I know I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment