Sunday, September 4, 2022

Bon Voyage!

 Bonjour!

I am at the airport waiting for my flight to San Francisco connecting to Paris.  My friend Melanie will meet me at Hotel du Parc in Paris where I have stayed for over 20 years. I am curious to find out if the original owners kept the hotel after a difficult financial struggle due to the pandemic. The hotel looks to have been remodeled since my last visit when I was literally the only guest in 2021.

I was moved this morning by the warmth and support of so many lovely friends and my dear sister who sent Bon Voyage texts.  The intense  summer heat echoed the intensity  of the summer for me personally. I am relieved that fall is on its way, and I can finally return to France. Melanie and I are doing Paris, Brussels, and Monflanquin.  My heart is filed with joy not only because of the trip but because our son Daniel is working in Paris for six months maybe more.  I prayed for this for him, did a soul collage  intention card , and lit many candles. Of course, I plan to see him in Paris. He may even come to Monflanquin for a visit.

Our travel plans fell into place so easily for this trip.  I giggled last night after reading an email from my dear friend Mado. She plans to leave a shopping bag full of eggs, 2 heads of garlic, onions, and tomatoes on  my window sill. And did I need anything else? This is Monflanquin!

And this is a lovely picture of the Dahlia Festival  in Canby, Oregon.

2 comments: