Monday, September 5, 2022

Paris !!!

 Here I am at the Hotel du Parc where I have stayed for over 20 years.  Don't know the whole story yet, but the owners have changed. The hotel has been entirely renovated. It feels more modern, clean, and comfortable. As always, the Hotel du Parc boasts some of the biggest bathrooms in Paris.  I love it.

The flights went smoothly although we experienced a two hour delay in San Francisco. I did not mind too much because I got the opportunity to meet some interesting people. On the 10 hour marathon flight from San Francisco to Paris, I watched the latest Downton Abbey movie. The ending left me in tears, but it was well done.  Afterwards, I listened to a podcast in the hope that it would help me sleep as audio books tend to do that for me, but no. So I watched a French movie called Amour. It is one of the most depressing stories about aging, failing health, love, and devotion. I enjoyed hearing the French. It served as a good language review before arriving in Paris. I did manage to doze a little during the film, but don't think I missed much.

I treated myself to a taxi to get into Paris.  It cost 58 euros which is the regulated fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport.  The ride was well worth it. Along the way, we passed the Arc de Triomphe, la Place de la Concorde, and the Eiffel Tower.  My back was spared by avoiding shlepping my luggage on the train. An added bonus was the experience of driving in heavy Parisian traffic. My driver lost it a few times, but managed to get me to my destination safely,

Right now, I am relaxing in my renovated hotel room while waiting for my friend and  travel partner Melanie to get here. We are planning to eat the best crepes as we are in the Breton quarter of Paris. I am desperately trying hard not to fall asleep and may need to take a walk soon.

Check out the wall paper in my room. What do you think?



5 comments: