Friday, June 15, 2018

Delightful 10K Women's Hike around Paulhiac

Garden at the Manoir 
Weekly Friday hikes from the village end with cake and coffee. Each week a member of the group volunteers to host. Most of the members hail from England. This week a couple of Dutch and French women joined us. Only women are welcome to walk except for the summer when men are permitted. Today we enjoyed the hospitality of Charles and Margaret. How to describe their lovely home? Let's call it The Manoir. This group goes long distances. Today's walk at 10 kilometers was classified as easy. Not sure I could do any longer. The most distressful part was walking through bogs as the English call them. Translation: Muddy wet patches. If I had any delusion about my Merrells being waterproof, that would now be gone. The group published a bilingual French/ English cookbook called Cakewalk. I am hoping to buy one. The recipes look scrumptious.

Verdant Countryside

My Back Pack

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your hiking. I guess knowing that you will get cake at the end might make it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a grand adventure to me!

    ReplyDelete