Monday, June 4, 2018

Finding Turkey in Paris

 Turkish Meatballs!
Aryan !

I am investing an embarrassing amount of time watching a Turkish soap opera called Love me as I am
on Netflix. Each episode is almost 2 hours long. Each season contains  at least 65 episodes. Do not do the math! I just started Season 3, but zut alors, French Netflix doesn't offer it. Withdrawal will be tough! One of the main characters is  a meatball chef. People from all over Turkey rave about his meatballs whose secret ingredient is sumac. No  two meatball looks alike, proof they are homemade. With the meatballs, people often drink Aryan, a refreshing yogurt drink made from plain yogurt and salt. Delicious!
I knew I could find Turkish food in Paris. I found it at Restaurant la Paix, 14 rue Odessa, the same street where we eat crepes and only 5 minutes from the hotel. The meatball plate came with salad, fries, and possibly bulgur in tomato sauce. Too tired to ask. Such tasty meatballs and all unevenly sized.
How fun to recreate the meal from my Turkish soap opera! Maybe I'll have crepes tomorrow.
P.S. Swedish meatballs are really Turkish.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had the adventures. I felt for the woman who lost her watch. I am sorry that you are missing your soap. I know that you have enjoyed it. Loved the food comments. Those meatballs look delicious. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arran is great because it’s a full fat drink and icy cold. At a guest house we stayed at in Turkey, the family running the place had a soap opera running full time in the breakfast room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to fix user name (above)—Joyce

    ReplyDelete