Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Bubble Tea and Other Surprises

On the rue Saint Pierre, the organic food shop and tea room opened last summer. Michael and Erin found IPA beer there. I found gluten free cookies for a friend.  Hearing about the bubble tea, I strolled over there yesterday.  I looked closely around the shop before placing my order. I zoomed in on tahini and across the aisle, grilled crickets in four different flavors perfect for your aperitif. I asked the shop keeper if anyone dares buy them. She said it is amazing. She can't keep them in stock due to the demand. People get used to them and serve them like chips. The crickets reminded me of Mothers' Weekend at Purdue University. The Entymology Department treated us to chocololate covered crickets and mealy worms.  The crickets did not tempt me, but I did enjoy my green mint bubble tea. It tasted light and refreshing with aga agar pearls . The cookie was delightful too! 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! to the crickets!! You can have them .... all flavors!

    ReplyDelete