Monday, May 25, 2020

Best of Baking

Apple Turnovers
Raisin Scones
Bill's Challah
Artisan Bread
Since March 16, the official day we went into confinement at our house, baking continues to comfort us.  Pictured above are the creme de la creme, what we deemed  baking successes.  I am most proud of the apple turnovers which I made per my sister's request. Thank goodness for store bought puff pastry. Not all grocery stores carry puff pastry. We got ours  conveniently at Winco.  Today I could have used a good bake. My world seemed too quiet, and the gray weather did not help the mood.  I miss the liveliness of my PCC classes and the variety of folks at the college. Is this what retirement feels like?  I hope not. This is what confinement feels, and until it's over, I will keep on baking.
Comments: Giselle.bawnik@gmail.com

2 comments: