Sunday, May 17, 2020

Will it fit?

The Dress
I bought this dress on sale at the end of last summer. I pictured myself wearing it in Monflanquin on a hot sunny day maybe after a swim.   Could be it will be worn in Beaverton  on a hot sunny day after a dog walk. It still has the tags on .  Honestly, I am reluctant get into the dress. What if it doesn't fit after all the  carbohydrate consuming?   I am pining for new clothes. Did my due diligence and went through my closets.   The clothes I tried on did not bring me joy. Suffice it to say some brought physical pain and others despair.  The good news is that now there is room for new skirts, dresses, and tops.  Stores are re-opening, but I am not quite ready to face the new protocol of shopping. The weekly masked forays into the grocery stores leave me exhausted. So much darting and dodging of folks. Mastering how to smile with only one's eyes. Maybe we need little blinking signs attached: Smiling now, half smiling now, frowning a bit,  lips pursed feeling thoroughly disgusted, and if I don't take this mask off soon, I will pass out.
Online shopping works , but only for shoes.  Maybe it's because I stick to brands I know, and my feet tend not to  age or reflect  weight changes.   Until I can face shopping for clothes, it will be creative comfortable ensembles for me. What do you like to wear "en confinement". As I like to say, it really does sound better in French. Thanks for reading everybody!









No comments:

Post a Comment