Sunday, May 24, 2020

Yum

A sweet treat
Bill and I could not resist getting a treat today. The sun shone, the air smelled sweet.  We felt rather warm after doing some socially appropriately distanced shopping. We passed Dairy Queen on Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway and thought, why not?  We took our place in the drive-thru line. it immediately came to a stand still. Fifteen minutes later, I was ready to call it quits and go home. Bill
insisted we tough it out as we had already made the commitment. He really is serious about his ice cream. Finally, the line started moving slowly.   We both  already knew what we wanted:  chocolate dipped vanilla cones. Normally my size choice would be small, but after waiting  in this interminable line, it merited an upgrade. Finally, we made it to the order window. After that, it took almost no time at all to get the cones.  I held both as Bill drove us to a shady parking lot. My cone found my mouth immediately. Cool, creamy, and sweet, it hit the spot.  It took half an hour to get the cone, but it was worth the wait.  Do yo have a favorite at Dairy Queen?

No comments:

Post a Comment