Saturday, May 23, 2020

Happy Anniversary

Drinking Cider in Paris
Bill and I celebrate 39 years of marriage today.  We did take out coffee at Starbucks and read our vows  to each other as we do every year.  I wrote the vows, long ago, and it struck me how relevant they are even now especially in confinement.  As in every long marriage, we've experienced ups and downs, but we have always stuck together. I think one of our strongest qualities is the ability to laugh at ourselves. We also do family meetings every Sunday. We were married in Menomonie, Wisconsin at the Mabel Tainter Theatre.  The theatre is registered on the US National Register of Historic Places. The theatre 's history can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mabel_Tainter_Memorial_Building  You can see from the pictures on the site what a gorgeous setting it makes for a wedding.  Back then, we were able to rent the entire theatre for $35.  Each guest we invited also participated in the wedding ceremony.  I loved the intimacy of our wedding. Hopefully, those marrying this season with limited participants will  also appreciate its value.

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss this?! Such a sweet photo and so good to see the theater where you tied the knot. I remember being on the boat for the last significant anniversary and what fun we had. Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete